Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's raining, it's pouring... no one is snoring!

Well I'd say after the storm we had this morning, the rains have arrived! I think the rain started around 4:30am, but I didn't wake up fully until closer to 5am at which time I remembered my brand new fridge was still plugged in and there was some crazy lightening flashing around outside! As i unplugged the fridge I thought I'd check on June, which was a good idea as she was pretty scared. Not that I blame her the storm was right over top of us at that point, quite loud and she sleeps in the loft. We made a cup of tea as neither of us were able to sleep and (shockingly) the power was still on! I'm not sure how much rain came down but enough to water my garden for sure! It's going to be a loooong day though, thankfully it's my "easy" one. In other news, I've started going to the orphanage on Wednesday afternoons with June for a few hours to work with the Teenage "Mamas" (older orphans who are looking after their small siblings). There are currently 5 of them ranging in age from 11 - 15. they speak very little English and read/write little to none as 3/5ths of them have never been to school. June and I are trying to give them a few lessons in reading and writing; which they are very keen to do! We're also making them some skirts as the orphanage is very short in clothing supplies for their sizes. Must go, kids have arrived for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment