Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting started

I though I should start with a brief update of what I will be doing in Zambia and what has to be done before I go.

I have been commended from my church, Arkell Road Bible Chapel, through MSC Canada to Sakeji Mission School for 8 mths. I will be teaching Grades 1&2 at Sakeji in the North Western Province of Zambia. There will be other duties I will be assigned, but I don't know what they are at this time. As Sakeji is a boarding school, some of the duties may include dorm life and after school/weekend activities. If you want to check out Sakeji, their website is www.sakeji.org .

My flights have been booked, so I leave Canada on Dec. 30th. I will have a short layover in London and will arrive in Lusaka in the early hours of the morning of Jan 2nd. From there I will be traveling (most likely by car) to Sakeji (this obviously still needs to be worked out).

My biggest concern was getting my Work Permit on time. As it turns out, this will not be happening. I will have to get a temporary work visa when i arrive, then I will need to return to Lusaka once my permit is processed. Please pray that this works out ok!

I was supposed to have already got my vaccines for my trip, but do to a misunderstanding at the Doctors office, this did not happen. Also because of the H1N1 scare with everyone trying to get vaccinated for that, it has been difficult finding a clinic that can squeeze me in. I did however manage to make an appointment for Friday, so I'm praying things will work out better this time.

Thanks for your prayers and best wishes!

If you wish to make donations for my trip, this can be done through MSC Canada. ww.msccanada.org

No comments:

Post a Comment