Thursday, January 6, 2011

Has Arrived!

Arrived at Sakeji today around noon (i think). Yesterday was such a mess of airports and canelled and delayed flights that I don't want to even think about it anymore! I finally got to Heathrow collected my stored bags without any hassel and checked them in to the next flight. I had a bit of time to wander some of the shops and pick up some duty free chocolates to share with the staff (and maybe good children) here. The flight to Lusaka was much better then last years! I didn't have an annoying seatmate unfortunately Rachel wasn't able to book beside me either. As per the norm, I didn't get any sleep, although I sort of dozed from time to time; so the flight seemed really long. I had forgotten that there is currently a 2 hour time difference between the UK and Zambia (no daylight savings time in Zambia) so we arrived at 4:30am UK time. thankfully there were no problems at the customs, although Zambia someone got some new technology (toys) in the last 4 months b/c we had to have our picture taken and fingerprints scanned. I didn't even know they had computers! of course BOTH the luggage carasels were broken which made collecting our bags long and tedious, but praise the Lord they were all there. (Mine, Rachel's, the Poidevins, & Baileys). Rachel and I had some time to kill in the Lusaka airport as the CMML plane we were supposed to be flying out on was still in the shop and the pilot had to go pick it up so we went to the lounge and got some cokes. Our flight to Sakeji seemed much longer then the 3 hours as I was tired and just wanted to get there! it was nice to see everyone waiting to greet us at the airstrip, hugs and introductions ensued. I went down to check out my new place (house all to myself this time:)) then went for some lunch at the Ronalds. After lunch I unpacked my bags and put away all my clothes, everything else is piled around the room until I have time to find a new home for it. After a few hours of rest (brain wouldn't let me sleep) I went to find Lina and Rachel as we were invited to the Hannah's for supper. We had a lovely supper (spicey taco soup and homemade bread with cream cheese!) and a nice chat afterwards. Now i'm completely exhausted and will be heading home to bed very shortly. Big day tomorrow with sorting out my classroom (although Janette was awesome enough to set it up for me) figuring out the classroom schedule and of course the teacher's meeting. Hopefully I'll get a lot accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment