Wednesday, October 23, 2013

1/2 way point

The term continues to fly and the pressure mounts as we get closer and closer to end of term. We're at the 1/2 way point in the term (as of today)and I am suddenly realizing there is SO much to do before I feel my students are fully prepared for 2nd grade. I have been slowly working through the grade 2 entrance tests to see where they are at in comparison with the other children applying to grade 2. I have to say it always makes me feel so much better when I see their results and can compare them with when they first arrived. Yes, the HAVE learned stuff this year! Hurray! Of course some of them aren't where I would like them to be, but i'm sure many of my teachers thought the same thing about me when I was in school. I have to remember that not ALL of my students are going to be straight A students, some of them will be "average" (which was generally where I sat) and some will "squeak by". God makes us all different and just because they don't "ace" grade 1 does not mean they won't accomplish a lot in life. In other news; we're still looking for more teachers for next year so if there are any Christian teachers out there looking for a job... or an adventure:) please contact us and let us know! Must get back to grading papers; falling shamefully behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment