Friday, September 27, 2013

Catching up…

Sorry for falling behind. I didn’t have much internet access after leaving the west coast until I got back to Zambia and then I didn’t have the time! I was SO great to be able to spend time with friends in Guelph. Wish I could have had another whole month just to catch up with friends as there were so many I didn’t even get to see. Going out for supper with some of my girlfriends from “days of old” was one of the best times I had on the trip; even if they did embarrass me at the restaurant. :) The trip back was long and uneventful. When I got back I had to kick into high gear as I had less than a week to get my classroom and lesson plans ready before the kids arrived. Of course just to add to the confusion/fun? the container boxes arrived and I had much unpacking and sorting to do. Once again to those who send stuff – you’re awesome! Thanks so much! Thankfully the first weekend of term happened to be my weekend off so I was able to work more on getting stuff sorted out. My house is still a wreck, but that’s seems to be its normal state. We have been having fun learning about plants in class. It always blows me away how quickly things grow here! We “planted” bean seeds last week and this week most of them are over a foot tall and some look like they will soon have flowers on them. I stupidly told the kids they could take their plants home at the end of term, but I’m not sure how I’m going to swing that one! Any ideas?? This term I am back to working at the orphanage at least once a week. I will be working both in the container sorting the clothing into the new plastic containers which just arrived as well as back to teaching the teens to read & write. I have more of a plan for the teaching now and will be working with the 2 most advanced ones first and then once they are reading they can help me with the others that have less training. One of the mamas has also requested lessons so it should be rather interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment