Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The end of another term draws near and the usual excitement and anticipation builds. Watching my students playing board games quietly together I realize how far they’ve come, not just academically but socially as well. They’re learning to work out their own differences without shouting and tears; sharing and playing fairly and encouraging each other. They still have a long way to go, but it’s such and encouragement to see that they’re actually growing. Although this is our shortest term, it always feels like the longest to me but I’m not sure why. I think it’s because the excitement of going to school has long worn off for the students and now it’s just “boring”. Usually by third term they’ve come to grips with the fact that this is school life and they start trying again. I probably also has to do with the fact that I am so excited about going home to Canada on the holiday. God has worked things out so well, as usual. I wasn’t sure how I would get down to Lusaka as the cost of a flight is usually out of my price range but then I found a cheaper flight with another airline. Of course they don’t fly to Sakeji so I had the issue of getting to Solwezi. Of course God worked that out too. The Towses are heading down to Lusaka (and incidently flying on the same flight as me to London) and are more than willing to give me a lift to Solwezi. They weren’t sure they could give me a ride all the way down but when they found out it was just to Solwezi they were more than accommodating. On the way back here there are 4 other girls flying in at the same time so we’re all catching the same flight to make it easier to get picked up in Solwezi again. Still not sure who it’s going to be picking us up, but I’m leaving that in God’s capable hands! One week today and I’ll be in Canada! Hope to see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely trip, a good time away, and enjoy spreading your wings a bit! Can't wait to catch up with you in September!

    ReplyDelete