Thursday, December 30, 2010

In Ireland

Well, I've done it. I finally managed (with my mom's help) to get packed at to the airport. With only a few baggage handling problems things went rather smoothly. THe flight was rather bumpy but i had nice seat mates and made some new friends, so over all not so bad. I arrived in London and was able to pick up my bags and get through customs with no problems. i was hoping to be able to have a meal and a shower before catching my next flight, but they decided to bump me on to an earlier flight to Dublin giving me only enough time to store my extra bags and grab a coffee and biscuit before getting on the next plane. Unfortunatly due to the fog and other bad weather, we sat on the plane for 30 mins waiting for our turn to take off. Other then that the 2nd flight was ok and for the 2nd time I was able to get my luggage and through customs with no trouble. This time i bought a tea and a croissant and enjoyed them well waiting for the bus. The bus ride was a bit rough as I had to force myself to stay awake so as not to miss my stop. The driver was nice enough to make sure I got off at the right stop though. My friends picked me up and took me out for lunch then home for an amazing bath, and relaxing in front of a movie. I went to bed around 9:30 as i just couldn't keep my eyes open a second more and had a wonderful 12 hours of sleep. Today we're off to the movies to see the Voyage of the Dawn Treader (most likly my last one in theatre for the next 2 years!).

No comments:

Post a Comment