Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas to all!

my last blog (although posted today) was actually written last week, Monday. it has been an interesting and boring week all at the same time. My father was admitted to the hospital on Monday or Tuesday (can't remember which)which is hard to deal with when so far away. Not that I can do anything even if I was home, but it just seems so much harder to take when i'm "stuck" over here. Praise the Lord, he has now been sent home! I'm hoping that means things are getting much better, but I know they still haven't sorted out all the issues, so prayers are still needed and appreciated! I've spent my week puttering around my home and trying to get it cleaned up! I had the Ferguson family (Mel, Ross and their teenage boys) and Lina over for supper on Saturday night which was a lovely "family Christmas" time. I've been doing a lot of reading, knitting and baking; all of which I find pretty relaxing. Now I just have to tidy up the kitchen again (I wish there were little elves that would tidy up after I bake/cook!) and then i'm all set for Christmas tomorrow. Tonight a few of us are doing a cheese & a chocolate fondue at Lina's house which should be nice. Then tomorrow I'm just doing a progressive breakfast/gift opening with Lina, Bethany and Jill as we did last year. It's usually pretty laid back. I'll probably call my family although they're spread across the globe this year! Boxing day is when we'll have our station Christmas dinner. it will be pretty crowded as there are quite a few visitor right now. Well, I guess that's all for now. Merry Christmas to all! and don't forget to thank God for the real reason we celebrate Christmas; His Son the Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment